Wednesday, June 25, 2008

THE INTERNET.

YAY. 6th post.

I'm sure many of you would have heard the song "Without You" by Mariah Carey. But just in case anyone hasn't, here it is.


Mariah Carey - Without You

Listed as one of the classic heart-break songs, many people would have heard of it before, and thus on programs/competitions such as American Idol, Singapore Idol, or other singing competitions, there would be contestants using this song.

I'm sure many people would know what song they are singing, however, on Bulgarian Idol, there is this contestant who went for the audition, and insisted that the song that she was singing was known as : "Ken Lee"

Enjoy.

Valentina Hasan - Ken Lee

Without You lyrics
No I can't forget this evening
Or your face as you were leaving
But I guess that's just the way
The story goes

You always smile but in your eyes
Your sorrow shows
Yes it shows

No I can't forget tomorrow
When I think of all my sorrow
When I had you there
But then I let you go
And now it's only fair
That I should let you know
What you should know

I can't live
If living is without you
I can't live
I can't give anymore
I can't live
If living is without you

This is part of the lyrics. Hopefully you could actually understand what she was singing. haha.

I think she is rather famous now, at least half the people in Singapore would know her, I guess. But of course, not by her name, but rather, by "Ken Lee". This is because that was what made her famous. Also, she got famous via 2 ways. 1, was on television, but probably only in Bulgaria. 2, was on the internet. I don't think she intended for it to be so, but due to the mass media nowadays, she is famous, mostly due to the internet.

Nowadays, there are many ways to become famous. In the past, the only way of becoming famous, was if you were a celebrity that many people knew about. But nowadays, mostly due to the internet, you could be famous doing anything. Be it blogging, singing, acting, or even just for getting into a scandal, you would be famous. Take blogging for instance, in the past, who knew about the blogs? Who actually bothered? Now, locally, we have xiaxue, Mr. Brown, Dawn Yang, and many others.
Other than that, for singing, there have been stars like Colbie Caillat, who got famous through the internet, and finally got to launch an album of her own as well.

So I guess for those of you out there who want to get famous, there is an alternative now, instead of having to join Singapore Idol 3! :D

Just in case you're interested to know,
Valentina Hasan obviously didn't get in, but they did invite her back during the season. Her english improved quite a bit! :D

Back on Bulgarian Idol. her singing is actually not too bad! ;D

Jane.

7 comments:

Sheng said...

Misuse of the internet can cause trouble to other people and to the person himself...=)
Wanna be famous?
Try it.

Eileen's blur world said...

famous on such "laugh by people/disgrace" way wasn't very good isnt it ? don't think they will get muxh respect for this type of famous way.

jane- said...

eileen - i suppose it all boils down to how desperately you want to get famous, no? haha. some would do ANYTHING just for that 5 minutes of fame.

lucas said...

and that was some hilarious stuff. true enough, people will do all sorts of things to get famous overnight via the undersea fibre optic cables. oh the powerful effects of the mass media.

Anonymous said...

Such acts on trying to get famous over the night is so superficial. I guess they just want a pie of the limelight. Seriously how long can these fame last you, after sometime people get bored of you and they seek for others. That is why ocassional "just for laughs" is like appretizer to tha main course -the steak and that is determined by your skills and talents? Dont you think so?

Anonymous said...

She seriously rocks please. And I respect her for her courage please.

Anonymous said...

The POWER of the internet...